Black Fencer Sidesword
Early sidesword from s. XVI with side rings, front ricasso ring protector and side hand guard. Best quality construction for hard training, very nice balance and flexibility for a great cut and thrust fencing.
-1 available item available items
Pending stock availability
Warning: Last items in stock!
Made in Spain, the "Black Fencer" wasters have quickly acquired a solid reputation for both manufacturing and reliability qualities of their swords. Although mostly made of nylon; there provide weight and balance very close to steel weapons.
The steel sword is the most reliable tool for Historical Fencing training, but it is also the most dangerous one. With a nylon tool, the impact surface is greater, so the damage is greatly reduced. This quality let us to fight with more intent and power without the implicit danger of injury of the steel sword.
Those new waster designs have been made with special attention to the balance and weight distribution, seeking for a real sword mass distribution, a key aspect not fully achieved by other waster sellers.
With a flexible performance, nylon doesn't bounce when the blade hits the opponent's blade, as it happens with steel swords
Unlike other synthetic materials, nylon is very resistant when get hit with another nylon waster, and it would be safe to affirm that, with minimal maintenance, it can lasts for a lot of years.
V2 Improvements :
- Finishings with Permanent attachments. Wasters are made of a single piece and all attachments are now permanents
- Optional protection pieces to the ending points of the steel guard, permanently attached so they can't come off the guard.
- Pommel is now attached permanently with a slotted pin, so it is impossible for the pommel to turn around himself or even come off the handle, creating a solid, comfortable and quality structure.
- Refined overall finishing
- High quality durable and comfortable cord handle
- Reinforced guard, not rounded nylon base guard of for high impact resistance
Video : Flexibility test
|Guard width||4 cm ~ 2 cm|
|Thickness||1.7 cm ~ 1 cm|